Welcome to my little space in the virtual world that consists of all things that make me happy.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Quick and Easy Braided Calzone

I made this last night for supper and it was so easy and I think it turned out pretty too! The whole thing only took about 20 minutes, including baking time. I started with a Pillsbury canned pizza crust.

Ingredients:
1 canned pizza crust
Canned chicken
Buffalo sauce
Ranch dressing
4 slices bacon
Shredded cheddar cheese
Fresh tomatoes

First I fried some bacon until fairly crispy. Then while it cooled a bit I got the pizza crust ready, placing it on a greased cookie sheet and cutting about 2-3 inch slits along both sides. Then I spread a little ranch dressing on the dough.


As the bacon cooled, I began piling on the ingredients. First adding the chicken tossed in buffalo sauce, then the bacon, cheese, and tomatoes. I added some salt and pepper on top. Note you can add any ingredients you want, it's like making a pizza. I just happened to have most of these ingredients on hand. To create a braided effect, start from one end and fold each piece of dough over each other. When you get to the ends, fold both sides over and tuck in tightly so the ingredients won't run out while its baking.



As directed on the canned pizza dough, bake at 425 degrees for 9-13 minutes. Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping. This recipe allows for lots of creaitivty with pretty much any ingredients you choose. Also makes for a quick and pretty supper!


No comments:

Post a Comment