Welcome to my little space in the virtual world that consists of all things that make me happy.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

Here are some good uses for old mason jars and empty foamy soap pumps. I made a black one for my kitchen and a white one for my bathroom. Add a little ribbon and it will match any room!










My mom had empty black and white Bath & Body Works foam soap containers so I used the pumps from those. Then, I took an empty milk jug and cut a circle from the side. To size it right, I traced a mason lid onto the side of the jug before cutting. Then I cute another circle out from the middle to fit the soap pump. For the black one, I spray painted the plastic piece from the milk jug as well as the metal jar ring. For the soap, I used some cheap refill hand soap and mixed about 4 parts water to 1 part soap. The trick to foamy hand soap is that its basically just watered down regular soap with a fancy pump (and cheaper for companies to produce). So i mixed the soap and water in the jar and waited a bit until the foam went down. Cute huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment