Welcome to my little space in the virtual world that consists of all things that make me happy.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oh the Wonders of Chocolate Chip Cookies

Nothing beats a homemade chocolate chip cookie...warm and fresh from the oven...with a glass of milk. Just when I thought these simple treasures couldn't get any better, I experimented with other wonderful chocolately delights, creating stuffed chocolate chip cookies! Below are an array of cookies I stuffed with various yummy goodness. I tested these new treats at our staff meeting at work and they were a hit! 

Reeses Cup Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies     
    
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
    


Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
   

Milky Way Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
   

My favorite are the Smores ones...which is literally a smore wrapped in cookie dough (yum). These were the hardest but definately worth it. With a little creativity you can stuff just about anything into a cookie :D

Smores Stuff Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies:
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
3 to 3.5 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips

Mix butter and sugars until fluffy, then add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, adding a little at a time. Add chocolate chips. Bake on 350 between 8-15 minutes, depending on what you have inside your cookies. Cookie dough is best for handling if it has been refrigerated at least 20 minutes. Pam your hands to prevent dough from sticking. For the cookies I made above, I used individual Reeses Cups, Milky Way and Snickers bars cut into thirds, individual DoubleStuf Oreos, and brownies I baked and cooled cut into 1.5 inch squares.

My Sidekick in the Kitchen

1 comment: