Welcome to my little space in the virtual world that consists of all things that make me happy.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Apple Bacon Pork Chops

Fall is by far my favorite season, especially since now the temperatures have dropped from those 90 degree days so it actually feels like fall! This is a great recipe that is super easy and will definately impress. Not to mention it uses the BEST BBQ sauce in the world, my favorite, Carolina Treet.

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless pork chops
Apple pie filling (store bought or homemade)
Carolina Treet BBQ sauce
Bread Crumbs
4 slices bacon, fried
Shredded cheese (your favorite kind)


Marinate pork chops in Carolina Treat for a few hours or overnight. In a greased square pyrex dish spread out apple pie filling evenly. Dip marinated chops in bread crumbs to completely coat, then place on top of the apple layer. Cover with foil and bake on 375 for about 20 minutes. Cut into chops and make sure they are almost cooked through. Meanwhile, fry your bacon. Uncover pork chops and crumble bacon on top then cover with a layer of cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the meat is fully cooked and the cheese is good and melted. Serve with some good sides and you've got yourself a great fall supper!

I made it with creamed potatoes, wild rice and green beans. I topped off the evening with my apple pie filling I canned a couple months ago to make a quick and easy apple pie. Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment