Welcome to my little space in the virtual world that consists of all things that make me happy.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankfulness....and Turkeys!


Mini Oreo Peanut Butter Pies
It's that time of year again. The holidays are about giving and being thankful of what we have to give. This year I volunteered to make some goodies for the Relay For Life bake sale at my mom's school. These treats raised over $60 alone! :)  I started out with some mini pies filled with Oreos and layers of peanut butter I saw from The Picky Palate. They turned out pretty good and were an easy way to use up some leftover pie crust dough. Just roll out pie dough and cut into a 3.5 to 4 inch circle and fill in a greased cupcake pan. Layer two oreos, each topped with a good layer of peanut butter, then cut out thin strips to make a lattice on top. Brush each pie with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar on top. Bake on 350 for about 20-25 minutes.


 

Turkey Cake Pops
With Thanksgiving being days away, I had to try out some turkey cake pops. I LOVE THEM!

I made the cake pops the same way I did the other cake pops I've done, and used yellow cake mix and canned cream cheese icing. Then I dipped in melted chocolate and used both candy corn and Indian corn as the fan. The head is a Whopper and sprinkles make up the eyes and nose, using chocolate icing as glue to attach them. The wattle is an upside down heart candy sprinkle I had leftover from Valentine's Day. I made the faces on the heads first before attaching them to the turkey bodies. Make sure you stick everything to the body while the chocolate is still melted! It makes things a whole lot easier. Gobble Gobble!


Gobble Gobble! Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!




No comments:

Post a Comment